Americana Decor® Image Transfer Medium helps lay the foundation for a beautiful painting on wood.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- stylus or pencil
- damp rag
- computer and printer
- tracing & transfer paper
- fine line pen
- Sand the entire driftwood round surface, leaving the edges as is.
- Print the floral pattern to size and cut out. Adhere the pattern to the driftwood surface using Image Transfer Medium, laying the paper face down. Allow to dry overnight.
- Use a damp rag to gently rub the paper off the surface.
- Continue removing the paper with a damp rag until the entire surface is exposed. Sand away any unwanted areas.
- Using the print as a guideline: Paint the pink flowers in Wild Orchid; the darker pink spots in Persimmon; the light blue spots in Shoreline; the darker blue spots in Williamsburg Blue; and the green spots in Saffron Yellow. (Refer to the final photo for additional guidelines.)
- Print off the "bees and butterflies" pattern and use tracing & transfer paper to place them in various areas around the image. Lightly transfer. Using the fine liner pen, draw in the bees and butterflies. (See photo for details.)
- Print off the "sow" pattern to the desired size; place in the center of the driftwood; and transfer using tracing & transfer paper. Fill in the area using the fine liner pen.
DOWNLOADSBees And Butterflies