Create a feeling of nostalgia with this "Joy to the World" sign made using Americana Decor Chalky Finish.
- water container
- transfer paper
- 2" flat brush
- 1" flat brush
- #0 liner brush
- 120-grit sandpaper
- palette paper
- roughed-out pine board, approximately 38" long X 5 1/2" wide
- cloth to remove sanding dust
- soft cloth to apply waxes
Allow 10 minutes drying time between applications.
- Background Lightly hand sand the board to remove splitters and just smooth it out a bit, dust off.
- Using the 2” brush apply one coat of Carbon Black paint to the front and backside.
- Using the 2” brush apply one coat of the Lace paint to the front side on top of the black.
- When dry, lightly hand sand allowing the black paint to show through and dust off.
- Music Sheet Apply the music sheet pattern using stylus and transfer paper.
- Using the #0 liner brush, fill in music with the Carbon Black paint. Optional;
- Apply the font pattern using a stylus and the transfer paper. Using the #0 liner brush, base coat the letters with one coat of red cream mix and then one coat of the red paint.
- Mix a dash of black paint with the red to create a dark/maroon red and thin with water to create the shadow areas on the letters that touch another letter. Like the “o” on top of the “J”, the “t” on top of the “o” and the “o” on top of the “W”.
- Apply the font shadow using the same brush and black paint. Add shadows to the right of the letters.
- Lightly hand sand the entire board again, dust off.
- Wax to antique and protect the surface.
- Using a soft cloth, apply the cream color wax and the brown color wax at the same time. I used a lot more of the cream and only a little of the brown. Wipe on the wax covering a little area at a time until the entire surface is covered. The red paint will bleed a little during this process so be sure to use different areas of your cloth while applying the wax. Allow to dry and then using a clean soft cloth buff the sign to add a little sheen. Attach sawtooth picture hangers to the back of the
DOWNLOADS"joy To The World" Pattern
Music Notes Pattern