Kindness Card with Stamped Flower
Posted by DecoArt on Apr 23rd 2015
Design and decorate a colorful and meaningful card with DecoArt Media® new Media Misters.
- paper towels
- hair dryer
- ink pad
- Canson XL Mixed Media Journal
- Strathmore Mixed Media Card
- Winsor + Newton Gold Drawing Ink
- 1/2" foam tape
- Whimsical Flowers Cling Stamp Set
- Wild Blossoms in Bloom Cling Stamp Set
- canning salt
- spray bottle
It's a good idea to work on newsprint or a large piece of paper when creating the background paper. You can easily pick up the salty mess to throw away and avoid getting canning salt everywhere. You can also use a finer or coarser grain of salt depending on the look you are going for.
- Place the journal page on a piece of newsprint and quickly spritz with Orange and Primary Magenta Media Misters.
- Spritz the entire sheet with water and blot with a paper towel or scrap paper to remove the excess water.
- Spritz with the Orange Media Mister again and then with water.
- Sprinkle canning salt over the wet paint and set aside to dry. You can use a hairdryer or heat gun to speed up drying, but be prepared for the salt to go everywhere.
- When the background is dry, brush the salt off the paper. (You can discard it or save it for another project.)
- Spritz the White Shimmer Mister on a non-porous surface and apply the paint to the stamp.
- Create a random design over the entire surface of the paper. Repeat this process with the Primary Magenta and Orange misters.
- Using a different stamp, apply a stamped image using black and red archival inks. Use a paintbrush to splat Metallic Gold and Carbon Black Fluid Acrylics over the entire page to unify the design and create a painterly look. Set aside to dry completely.
- Spritz the Orange Media Mister on the white cardstock and let dry. Stamp the flower used to create the background paper in the Orange Media Mister.
- To turn the beautiful pattern into a creative card, gather these elements:
- Trim the background paper to 4¾" by 6¾" and mat on the black cardstock cut to 5" x 7".
- Stamp a sentiment on the white cardstock and trim. Mat on the black cardstock and attach to the card. Refer to photo for placement.
- Fussy cut around the Orange Media Mister flower and add some painted details or color some of the petals with a marker.
- Attach the flower to the card front using 1/2" foam tape. Attach the card panel to the card base, and the card is ready to send out.