"Let It Snow" Wall Hanging
Posted by DecoArt on Nov 21st 2014
Celebrate the winter, and snow, with this wall plaque featuring a happy 3-D snowman.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- liner brush
- 3/4" flat brush
- #10 flat brush
- #8 round brush
- craft glue
- 10" x 10" canvas
- scrapbook paper or fabric
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Cut out the head pattern, place it over the burlap, and cut out. Loosely paint the burlap (do not cover completely) with Cotton Ball.
- Using a #8 round brush, paint the cheeks in Pink Cadillac and, while still wet, use the same brush and add a bit of Flamingo. Clean the brush and paint the eyes in Coastal Waters. Use a liner brush to paint the mouth in Flamingo.
- Cut out the nose pattern, place it over the burlap, and cut out. Loosely paint the nose with Orange Sherbet. (Do not cover completely.) Let dry. When completely dry, adhere the nose to snowman's face with craft glue.
- Cut out the hat pattern, place it over the burlap, and cut out. Using a #10 flat brush, loosely paint the hat with Coastal Waters. (Do not cover completely.) Clean brush and paint the fur and tip of the hat in Cotton Ball.
- Cut out the scarf pattern, place it over the burlap, and cut out. Using a #10 flat brush, loosely paint the scarf stripes alternately in Coastal Waters and Apple Green. (Do not cover completely.)
- Squirt dabs of Cotton Ball, Pink Cadillac, Flamingo, and Apple Green onto the canvas. Very loosely dab paint throughout the canvas in a fast motion to create the effect pictured.
- Mix (1) part Cotton Ball with (1) part water. Using a 3/4" flat brush, paint over the surface of the canvas. Using a 3/4" flat brush, paint the perimeter of the canvas with Cotton Ball (straight from the bottle, not mixed.) Cut out the letters for "Let It Snow" from scrapbook paper or fabric and adhere them to the canvas with craft glue.
- Place all of the snowman pieces on the canvas. Once you are happy with the layout, adhere with craft glue. (Refer to photo for placement.)
- (Optional) Tie four knots in a strip of burlap; adhere to the back of the canvas with craft glue.
DOWNLOADS"let It Snow" Pattern