Celebrate life's twists and turns with Traditions™ Artist Acrylics and brighten up your décor.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- stylus or pencil
- #8 flat brush
- 1" painter's tape
- #0 flat brush
- tracing & transfer paper
- black marker
- 3/8" angular shader brush
- 12" square artist canvas
- fine line painting pen
- #10 flat brush
Allow to dry (unless noted otherwise) before moving to the next step.
You can use a Sharpie instead of the fine line painting pen for outlining.
Don't like double-loading? Just paint the area the solid color, then before drying, add the lighter center color, blending on the canvas. (Work in the small sections.)
- Place the pattern in the center of the canvas and transfer the design.
- Paint all the areas mapped out with Ultramarine Blue. (Refer to the "paint-by-number" sheet included for reference.) Painting this area solid first, before double-loading, will ensure a nice dark edge with no transparency.
- Double-load a brush with Ultramarine Blue and Titanium White, dragging the darker color always to the outside band. Do small sections at a time.
- Double-load a brush with Hansa Yellow Light and Phthalo Green-Blue, once again dragging the darkest color on the outside.
- Continue until you have all the green finished.
- Repeat the steps above for the remaining green areas.
- Refer to photo below for the double-loading process.
- Following the "paint-by-number" guide, paint the next area shown with a brush double-loaded with Quinacridone Violet and Titanium White.
- Paint the red areas with Naphthol Red. (Because the Naphthol Red is such a strong hue, it tends to absorb any color lighter than itself. For this reason, I chose to paint the entire area first with just Naphthol Red.) Allow to dry thoroughly. Thin Hansa Yellow Light with water, very slightly, and drag down the center of the "twists" of Naphthol Red. (See photo.)
- Fill in the rest of the areas, as the pattern shows, using Carbon Black. Allow to dry, then outline the internal "twists" using the fine pen.
DOWNLOADSLifesTwists & Turns Patter
Lifes Twists And Turns Pattern