Design unique dorm or home décor from a yard sign and Americana® Decor Chalky Finish.
- paper towels
- painter's tape
- 2" chip brush
- #2 round brush
- 1/4" flat brush
- jump rings
- hole punch
- chipboard heart
- Silhouette electronic cutting machine
- assorted beads
- E6000 Glue
- house sign
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Paint one coat of Delicate in the same direction as the ridges on the house sign.
- Paint a second coat on the house sign in the opposite direction to create a smooth work surface.
- Use a brayer to apply Romance, Treasure, Everlasting, and Delicate. To keep the paints from blending, wait for the layers to dry in between colors. If you want the layers to blend, be sure to choose colors next to each other on the color wheel, or else you will end up with a brown mess.
- Once it has dried, tape off the area that will be used for the lettering. Paint inside this area in Delicate.
- Cut lettering from a desired font from a Silhouette machine (or use letter stickers).
- Use a 90-degree angle ruler to help make sure the letters are placed straight. Paint randomly inside some letters in Treasure.
- Paint the stand in Blue Lagoon.
- Paint the key in Romance. Once dry, paint in Heritage and then sand to reveal both colors. Seal with Liquid Glass.
- Cover the heart in Media Crackle Paint. Once dried, apply a layer of Romance and wipe with a paper towel. Seal with Light Satin Varnish.
- Punch a hole in the heart. Sew one bead through the hole and attach two jump rings.
- Feed the bar through the bottom jump ring. Attach the beads and heart to the jump rings on the bar. Repeat for the key.
- Cut a piece of chipboard to fit inside the middle rectangle of the stand. Glue 1/4" strips 1-1/4" from the sides and bottom of the mat. (This will fit a 4" x 6" photo. Alter these dimensions according to the photo size.) Leave the top open so the photo can easily slide in and out.
- Paint the mat in Blue Lagoon. Adhere onto the metal stand using E6000 glue.