Organize your life with these upcycled trays turned into memo boards with Americana Decor® Chalky Finish.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- rubbing alcohol
- 1" flat brush
- 1" painter's tape
- 1" foam brush
- assorted ribbon
- assorted scrapbook paper
- magnetic buttons
- metal tray
- E6000 Glue
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Choose a variety of scrapbook papers for the magnet buttons. Cut out circles to fit the flat side of the glass gem tops of the magnet buttons.
- Use a foam brush to brush on Americana Matte Decou-Page on the flat side of the gem tops. Press the scrapbook paper circle face down onto the gem top to adhere and apply another coat of Decou-Page on top of the paper to seal. Let dry.
- When the Decou-Page has dried, adhere the magnets to the back of each gem top using E6000 Glue.
- Clean the metal trays with rubbing alcohol. Let dry. Once dry, use a 1" flat brush to paint on Everlasting Chalky Finish for Glass onto the middle of each tray.
- Use 1" painter's tape to create evenly-spaced striping on each tray.
- Paint Yesteryear Chalky Finish for Glass in the striped areas. While paint is still wet, remove the tape.
- Bake the trays according to the Chalky Finish for Glass packaging instructions.
- Once the trays have been baked and thoroughly cooled, paint Smitten around the edge of one tray. Mix (2) parts Vintage with (1) part Treasure. Use the mix to paint around the edge of the second tray. Mix (2) parts Vintage with (1) part New Life and use the mix to paint around the last tray. Save both mixes for next step.
- When the tops of the trays are dry, turn them over and paint the edges of the backs in the same color as the front, leaving the middle of the backs unpainted.
- Measure ribbon to fit along the back of each tray and up to a point, leaving enough ribbon to tie a bow. Tie the bow first, then center the ribbon along the back of the tray and apply E6000 Glue to adhere.