Use paint to make a beautiful marbled background for your journal easily with DecoArt Media!
- tracing paper
- transfer paper
- #1 liner brush
- cosmetic sponge
- straight edge or ruler
- jute or hemp cord
- #1 round brush
- watercolor paper
- pen or pencil
- shaving cream
- baking sheet
- E6000 Glue
- You will need some watercolor paper, a journal of choice, baking sheet, scissors, E6000, pencil, shaving creme, round brush, and fluid acrylic colors: Cobalt Teal Hue, Dark Grey Value 3, Carbon Black, Gold (Metallic), and Silver (Metallic).
- Put a medium thickness layer of shaving creme then pour all the fluid acrylic colors except carbon black then you can add extra swirls with the handle of the paint brush. Then firmly place your watercolor paper ontop and remove. Use a ruler or straight edge to scrape all the excess off and let dry.
- Use a cosmetic sponge with Titanium White to base coat the pencil.
- Use a pencil to trace the paper to fit the front, back, and side of the journal. Cut out with scissors and then adhere to the journal using E6000. Cut jute to fit and hide the exposed journal on the folds and tie in a bow.
- Use a pen or pencil to trace and transfer the "notes" pattern on to the journal. Use a round brush with Carbon Black to paint on the word.