Add tiny colorful accents to your holiday décor with Americana® Acrylics.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- tracing paper
- transfer paper
- #2 round brush
- #2 liner brush
- 1/4" flat brush
- 1/8" flat brush
- wooden box with drawer
- miniature easel and canvas
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Paint the legs of the easel and the side of the box with the 1/4" flat brush and Lamp Black.
- Using the #2 liner brush, paint the front bar of the easel with Holly Green and Snow White triangles. Paint the front of the drawer with the #2 round brush and Santa Red. Also with the #2 round brush, paint the bottom section of the box and edge of the top Holly Green.
- Transfer the wavy snow line onto the rectangle. Fill the sky in with the Desert Turquoise/ Snow White mixture and fill in the snow part with Snow White using the #2 round brush. (Keep the mixture handy; you will use it again.)
- Use the pattern and the tracing and transfer paper to transfer the circle to the canvas and the rectangle to the top of the box. Fill in the circle with a 1:1 mixture of Desert Turquoise and Snow White using the #2 round brush.
- Paint all but the circle part of the canvas with the #2 round brush and Santa Red. Paint the outside of the rectangle on the box top, Santa Red.
- Transfer the drawing of the scallops around the circle and rectangle. Fill in the scallop with the #2 liner brush and Lamp Black.
- Using the 1/8" flat brush, paint a checkerboard pattern with Snow White around the top of the box.
- Transfer the tree shapes and fill them in with Snow White using the #2 round brush. Using the #2 round brush, add randomly placed polka dots on the front of the drawer in Snow White. Paint the drawer knob with Lamp Black and the #2 round brush.
- Transfer the rest of the details to the canvas and wooden box. Fill them in using the #2 round brush for the canvas tree and the #2 liner brush for everything else: tree trunks, Honey Brown; stars, Santa Red; canvas tree dots, Holly Green and Santa Red; and the top of the box dots, Desert Turquoise/Snow White mixture. Make the scallops on the tree in Santa Red. Make some snow dots in the sky with Snow White.
- Outline the trees with Lamp Black and the #2 liner brush.