Mixed Media Mandala Scrapbook Frame
Posted by DecoArt on Feb 2nd 2016
Create and frame a scrapbook page in style and color with Americana Acrylics®.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- 1/2" flat brush
- adhesive-backed rhinestone gems
- cosmetic sponge
- corrugated cardboard
- wooden frame
- craft knife
- photo of your choice
- assorted scrapbook paper
- Silhouette electronic cutting machine
- Gelli Gel Printing Plate
- Glue Dots
- paper trimmer
- Silhouette digital file of choice
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Cut out a Silhouette file of choice on a piece of white cardstock. (Be sure the image covers most of the page.)
- Remove any excess paper and clean up image, if needed.
- Load a Gelli Printing Plate with dots of Lemonade, Lemon Yellow, Boysenberry Pink, and Salem Blue. Quickly use a brayer to roll over and spread paint one or two times. (Any more passes with the brayer will mix the paint too much.) Press the Gelli Plate onto white cardstock.
- Repeat to cover the entire piece of cardstock.
- Repeat as many times as desired on different colored cardstock until the desired look is achieved. Let dry.
- Once the printed cardstock is dry, decoupage it onto the back of the cut-out image using Americana Gloss Decou-Page.
- Cut a piece of corrugated cardstock approximately 4-1/4" x 4-1/2". Tear the bottom edge. Paint in Lamp Black with a 1/2" flat brush. Cut two additional pieces of patterned cardstock 3" x 4" and 6" x 3". Load a cosmetic sponge with Lamp Black and distress the edges of the cardstock.
- Transfer the provided pattern onto the Gelli-printed cardstock. Cut out with scissors. Paint in the word with Lamp Black and a liner brush and distress edges with Lamp Black on a cosmetic sponge.
- Mix together (1) part Grey Sky with (1) part Pearlizing Medium. Paint the entire frame in two coats of the mix using a 1/2" flat brush.
- Align the Americana Decor Polka Dot Pop Stencil in one corner of the frame. Using a cosmetic sponge, apply Peacock Teal. (Refer to photo.)
- Align the Americana Decor Distressed Harlequin Stencil in the same corner. Using a cosmetic sponge, lightly apply Lamp Black to the stencil, avoiding the polka-dot areas.
- Align the Distressed Harlequin Stencil around the bottom right corner of the page. Lightly apply Bosenberry Pink randomly with a cosmetic sponge. Using Decou-Page, adhere the memory tag and patterned scrapbook paper. (Refer to photo for placement.) Use Glue-Dots Pop-Dots to adhere the black corrugated cardstock on top. (Refer to photo for placement.)
- Cut out a 3-1/2" x 3-1/2" photo of choice and use Decou-Page to adhere it onto the corrugated cardstock piece.
- Adhere adhesive-backed gemstones as desired. Use Decou-Page to adhere the page to the frame's cardboard backing. Let dry and Insert into the frame.