Let DecoArt® Media Fluid Acrylics help inspire a paddle wall accent.
- water container
- paper towels
- tracing paper
- transfer paper
- 3/4" flat brush
- #8 round brush
- #8 flat brush
- printed lettering
- paper plate
- wooden paddle
- Andy Skinner rubber stamp, Toxic
- Andy Skinner rubber stamp, Curiosity
- Mix (3) parts Titan Buff with (1) part Quinacridone Gold (just a bit will do). Use a 3/4" flat brush to paint the base of the face in the vertical direction, starting with the mix; then Cobalt Teal Hue; and followed by Primary Magenta. Go back in forth with vertical strokes to blend the paint colors.
- Use a pencil and the tracing and transfer papers to trace the face pattern at the bottom of the paddle. Randomly dab these colors all over the top portion of the board (above the face): Green Gold (use this color the most), Cobalt Teal Hue, Primary Magenta, Titan Buff, and Quinacridone Gold. (Refer to photo at Step 3.)
- Using a #8 flat brush the colors out, but do not over blend. Use a #8 round brush to paint the base of the eyes in Titanium White; the irises in Cobalt Teal Hue; the pupils in Prussian Blue Hue; and highlights in Titanium White.
- Use a #8 round brush to paint the eyebrows in Cobalt Teal Hue and Green Gold. Use a #8 round brush to paint the nose in a 1:1 mix of Titan Buff and Quinacridone Gold. Use a #8 round brush to paint the mouth and rosy cheeks in a 3:1 mix of Titanium White and Primary Magenta. (Save this mix for STEP 6.) Brush Titanium White thinly onto a plate. Use this as a stamp pad, randomly stamp in the green portion with the Andy Skinner stamps of your choice.
- Use a #8 round brush to add liner to the eyes in a 3:1 mix of Quinacridone Gold and Carbon Black. While the paint is still wet, blend the liner outwards. (Refer to photo.) Darken the same mix with just a few drops of Carbon Black and use a #8 round brush to paint the lashes.
- Use a #8 round brush to free-hand a half-circle design in Green Gold. (Refer to photo.) Use the mix from Step 4 to paint the middle line with a #8 round brush.
- Print out the words. (I used the Andy Skinner stamp for the word "toxic".) Cut them out in shapes of your choice. Use a 3/4" flat brush to adhere them in place with Matte Medium. Use a #8 round brush to paint over the printed word with a 1:1 mix of Green Gold and Matte Medium. Use a #8 round brush to outline the words in Primary Magenta and blend outward. (Refer to photo.)