This Snow-Tex™ snowman can be the center of your winter-time decorations.
- tracing paper
- transfer paper
- 3/4" flat brush
- #5 round brush
- #0 liner brush
- corrugated cardboard
- palette knife
- matching ribbon
- E6000 Glue
- pipe cleaners
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Place the decorative tape onto the cardstock and cut into 2" strips, leaving a white frame around the edges. Fold them in half over the pipe cleaner; staple into place. Trim the edges to make flags. Using a liner brush and Titanium White, paint on the letters to spell "merry".
- On a piece of corrugated cardboard, transfer the provided hat and nose patterns with the tracing and transfer papers and a pencil. Paint in the hat with Carbon Black. Paint in the nose with Cadmium Orange Hue. Cut out the hat and nose with a craft knife or scissors.
- Mix together Matte Medium and Cerulean Blue to create a very light blue. Paint the mix onto the entire canvas.
- With the tracing and transfer papers and a pencil, transfer the provided snowman pattern onto the canvas, allowing some room from the bottom for the ground. Using a palette knife, apply Snow-Tex onto the snowman and ground area. (Make sure to have the ground area wrap around the edge of the canvas.)
- Tie a knot in a piece of ribbon for the scarf. While the Snow-Tex is still wet, press the scarf into it. Press on two buttons on the mid-section; the two eyes on the face and a carrot nose (painted in step 2); and a piece of string for the mouth.
- Paint the two branch arms in Burnt Umber. Tie and glue ribbon and a button onto the snowman hat. Adhere the banner onto snowman's hands using E6000 Glue. Using a liner brush, randomly add snowflakes in Titanium White onto the canvas background.