Light up your holidays with this luxurious beaded necklace made with Extreme Sheen™.
- parchment paper
- jump rings
- wooden beads
- needle nose pliers
- wooden skewer
- wire cutters
- plastic cup
- #10 flat paintbrush
- magnetic clasp
- jewelry chain
Protect the work surface with a sheet of parchment paper.
Prior to painting, make sure the jewelry chain fits through the holes in the wooden beads.
Use a wooden skewer to hold and suspend the beads while they dry.
Allow paint to dry fully before applying additional coats of paint or changing color.
- Gather the supplies needed.
- Paint three of the largest wooden beads (size 30-mm) in Deep Midnight Blue.
- Thread the wooden skewer through the beads and suspend them over a large rim cup (or something similar) while they dry. (Allow other beads to dry in the same manner.)
- Paint two 25-mm sized wooden beads in Black Plum.
- Paint two 20-mm sized wooden beads in Saffron Yellow.
- Paint two of the smallest sized (15-mm) wooden beads in 24K Gold.
- On a piece of parchment paper, drizzle some 24K Gold. (See photo.)
- Working one painted Deep Midnight Blue bead at a time, roll the bead over the 24K Gold one time.
- Once again, suspend the beads over a large rim cup (or something similar) while they dry.
- Repeat with all the remaining painted Black Plum beads.
- Repeat with all the remaining painted Saffron Yellow beads.
- Using a pair of wire cutters, cut the chain to 30” long.
- Thread the chain through the beads with the largest beads in the center to the smallest beads at the ends.
- Complete the necklace by attaching magnetic clasps to the chain ends using necklace jump rings and needle nose pliers.