Monster Graffiti Shoes with Line Work
Posted by DecoArt on Feb 6th 2019
Transform canvas shoes with fanciful graffiti monsters using DecoArt® Stylin™.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- stylus or pencil
- 1" painter's tape
- black permanent marker
- black canvas shoes
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Tape off the tongue, back panel of the shoe, the inside rim around the ankle, and the shoelace column.
- Paint both interior sides of the shoe completely in White.
- Using a pencil and the pattern provided, sketch the monsters and a couple of diamonds on the outside panel of the shoe and paint according to the image below. (See photo for color placement.) Every monster has a solid base and another layer of the same base color added with a touch of White to add a highlight. Use a variety of colors, trying not to use the same color directly next to another.
- Using a very fine liner brush or a permanent black pen, trace the shapes and add the simple line work. (See provided pattern.)
- Paint the interior panel of the shoes with the other monsters and the same method described above for adding highlights with lighter shades of each color used.
- Use a fine liner brush or black permanent pen to trace the shapes and add simple line work. (See provided pattern.)
- Using a liner brush and Black or thicker black permanent pen, fill out the space around the monsters with irregular "blob" shapes.
- Repeat the method above on the other side of the shoe.
- Use a very fine liner brush or a fine permanent pen to add the smaller line work in each "blob". (Curve every line working from the outside to the center, following the original drawn shape.)
- Repeat the same method on the other panel of the shoe.
- Add the strawberry monster to the toe of the shoe: Add Fuchsia highlights to the Red, light Green highlights to the Green, and light Turquoise to the Turquoise eye. (See photo.)
- Use a very fine liner brush or fine permanent pen to trace the strawberry and add the line work. (See provided pattern.)
- Add fine Red lines to the eye and blood dripping from the bottom.
- Add fine line work to the eye and a Red halo.
- Add line work to the "all-seeing eye".