Moose on the Loose Cookie Container
Posted by DecoArt on Nov 11th 2015
Turn a chip container into a fun woodland friend using Americana® Multi-Surface Acrylics.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- 3/4" flat brush
- 1/2" flat brush
- #8 flat brush
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- craft foam
- #0 liner brush
- permanent black marker pen (medium tip)
- paper tag
- 1/2" pouncer
- palette knife
- mini pompom
- heat gun
- pipe cleaners
- floral pick
- wooden shapes
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Slice a wooden egg in half with a saw. Slice one of the 1" wooden circles in half. (Refer to photo.)
- Using a 3/4" flat brush, paint the egg half and the circle halves in Cocoa Bean. With a #8 flat brush, paint the wooden circles in Snow White. Using a foam pouncer, add eyes in Lamp Black onto the Snow White circles. With the same foam pouncer, add Lamp Black nostrils onto the pointed end of the egg half. With a liner brush, add a highlight onto the iris of the eyes in Snow White.
- Using the provided pattern, trace the antlers onto tan craft foam using a black marker. Trace the ears onto brown foam. Cut all the pieces out using scissors.
- With a heat gun, heat the front and sides of the tan foam until the edges curl inward.
- With a 3/4" flat brush, paint the container, a piece of cardstock, and tag in Cactus. Use a pencil and ruler to make guidelines of plaid lines onto the can and cardstock.
- Use a 1/2" flat brush and a #8 flat brush to make wide and medium stripes in both directions using Red Barn on the container, cardstock, and tag. Let dry. Use Hauser Dark Green and a liner brush to add thin lines next to the Red Barn stripes. Let dry. Add Snow White lines with a liner brush. (Refer to photo.) With a black marker, write a message of choice onto the tag.
- Cut the painted cardstock into two 1"x 2" scarf pieces. Cut the end of each scarf piece into 1/2" long fringe.
- Adhere the antlers onto the can, under the top rim using hot glue. Glue the scarf near the bottom of the can. Glue on the ears and then the wooden egg.
- Adhere a pompom by where the ears will be. Curve a piece of pipe cleaner and adhere to pompoms to create ear muffs. Twist red & white pipe cleaners together to form two small candy canes. Adhere eyelids onto eyes and adhere eyes onto the egg. Adhere holly leaves, berries, and pinecones on top of the head and under the chin.
- With hot glue, glue the candy canes, holly leaves, and berries on the tag. Glue tag to the antler. With liner brush, paint eyebrows with Lamp Black over eyes.
- Using palette knife, spread the Snow-Tex on the top edges of antlers, cones, berries, holly leaves. scarf, and earmuffs. Immediately sprinkle over the Snow-Tex with the Glamour Dust glitter.