Circle Mom's wrists with these colorful, flower-filled bangles created with Americana® Acrylics.
- Swarovski crystals
- small round brush
- scrap cardboard or cardstock
- wooden bangle
- E6000 Glue
- medium flat brush
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Paint the insides of both bangles Glorious Gold with a medium flat brush. Paint the outside of the rounded bangle with Glorious Gold.
- Paint only the oval flat surfaces of the large bangle with Glorious Gold.
- Place a 5/8" round sticker every 1/2" around the center of the small rounded bangle. (Use a piece of scrap cardstock that is 1/2" wide to make the spacing easier. You should be able to fit about nine stickers around the bangle.)
- Paint the small bangle and the large bangle with Sea Aqua where the wood is still showing and around the stickers, covering up the Glorious Gold on the top of the smaller bracelet.
- With a small round brush, mark the center of each rose with a Primary Red circle on each Glorious Gold section of the larger bracelet. Begin to create the rose by making three swishes around the center of the rose, by mixing White Wash, Carousel Pink, and Peony Pink. (The less mixed they are, the better. The variation in the swishes make the rose petal effect.) This can be done with a small round brush.
- Continue adding swishes around the first three swishes until the rose is the desired size. (It works to go in a pattern, adding five around the first three and then seven or so around the five.)
- Do the same process for the leaves, mixing Hauser Light Green and Sour Apple with a little Moon Yellow.
- Pull the brush out from the rose towards the edge of the Glorious Gold oval. (Three or four leaves look the best. Each rose can vary on the number of leaves and its size.)
- When the paint is completely dry, spray the bangles with Americana Gloss Spray Finish to give them shine and protection. Use E6000 Glue and a toothpick to attach crystals to the smaller bangle, centering them in between the Glorious Gold circles. Follow the proper cure time for the best adhesion.