Here's a Mother's Day gift for a Mom with a green thumb using Americana Decor® Chalky Finish paint.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- transfer paper
- #3 round brush
- 3/4" flat brush
- 1/2" flat brush
- terra cotta pot
- tool box
- garden stake
- liner brush
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Sand down the wooden tool box. Wipe away any sanding dust with a damp paper towel. Wipe down the terra cotta pot with a damp paper towel.
- Using a 1/2" flat brush, paint the handle and inside ends of the tool box in Innocence.
- Using the 1/2" flat brush, paint the top and bottom slats on the outside of the box in Legacy. Paint the middle slat on the outside of the box in Innocence. On the inside of the box, paint all the side slats and bottom in Legacy. Let dry. Once dry, use sandpaper to lightly distress.
- Using a #3 round brush, paint small flowers in Legacy onto the middle slat. Let dry. Once dry, use the handle end of the brush to add a dot of Innocence in each flower. Use the #3 round brush to add New Life petals onto each flower.
- Transfer the provided pattern onto the middle slat. Paint "mom" in Everlasting using the #3 round brush. Using a liner brush, add a shadow in Legacy onto the bottom and right sides of the lettering. (Refer to photo.) Use the handle end of the brush to add dots of Everlasting throughout the middle slat.
- Using a 3/4" flat brush, paint the entire flower pot in New Life.
- Transfer the provided pattern using transfer paper. Using a liner brush, paint the desired garden stakes in Legacy. Use the handle end of the brush to add dots of New Life onto some of the name plates. If desired, add flowers in Innocence onto some tags.
- Once all pieces have dried, apply a coat of DuraClear Ultra-Matte Varnish to all pieces.