Paint a hat in the neons of the 1980s with SoSoft® Fabric Paint.
- small flat brush
- foam pouncer
- canvas hat
- Find a plain white canvas fabric hat.
- Gather the supplies including the 80s Doodles SoSoft Stencil.
- Cut the stencil into smaller pieces to make it easier to place on hat. (I cut the stencil into four small pieces so I could pick and choose which designs to use and where.)
- Working one triangular section of the hat at a time, dab on Neon Pink, Neon Orange, Neon Yellow, Neon Blue, and Neon Green, each into a different shape. (I stenciled shapes onto the front two triangular sections of the hat.)
- Using the stitched pattern on the bill as a guide, paint Neon Pink into the largest section using a small flat brush.
- Continue painting each arched section with a different color: Neon Orange, Neon Yellow, Neon Green, and Neon Blue. (See photo for placement.)
- For the other triangular sections of the hat, paint Neon Orange onto the right side section using a flat brush.
- Paint the left section and the two back sections of the hat in Neon Blue.
- Optional: If the hat has a velcro fastener on the back, stencil on more shapes with Neon Pink and Neon Yellow.
- This is a super fun project to add some colorful neons to your wardrobe.