Nesting dolls can be painted with Americana Acrylics in fresh designs for a trendy look.
- flat brush
- craft knife
- shadow box
- round brush
- foam core
- nesting doll
- Gather all of your supplies. For this project you will need a wooden house, a nesting doll family, paints, and brushes.
- Mix together White, Bright Blue, and Laguna to create a light blue. Use a flat brush to paint the inside of the house, excluding the bottom of the house, as shown. Paint the bottom and outside of the house in White.
- Measure your surface and cut five mountains of different sizes to fit inside the house. (Reference included pattern.)
- Mix five various mixtures of Bright Blue, Laguna, and White. Paint the mountains in the back the darkest color and paint them lighter in the front (don't forget to paint the edges). Once dried, pencil in geometric snowy tops and paint in White.
- Basecoat each of the nesting dolls in Brilliant Purple, Cotton Candy, Green Tree and White, Light Orchid, and Scarlet. Mix together White and Cotton Candy and paint a circle face on each doll. With a round brush, paint Bright Blue hair on each doll. Add dots with the end of the brush in Black and a smile in Cotton Candy.
- In White, add dots, stripes, Swiss crosses, and triangles as shown in photo. On the largest doll, create vertical wavy lines in Green Tree. Add small leaves with the tip of your brush.
- First, adhere the mountains in place with hot glue. Next, glue in the family. Adhere small felt balls onto grey baker's twine with hot glue. Finally, adhere the felt ball garland to the top of the house.