Any outdoors person on your holiday gift list will appreciate this special box.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- tracing paper
- transfer paper
- 3/4" flat brush
- #6 flat brush
- #0 liner brush
- small bear cookie cutter (optional)
- small round box with lid
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Remove the lid from the box and set aside. Use a 3/4" flat brush to paint the inside and outside of the box Alizarin Crimson. Give only the inside a second coat.
- Paint the inside of the lid and the outside rim Plantation Pine. Repeat for a second coat.
- Paint the top of the lid Honey Brown. Repeat for a second coat.
- Using the #6 flat brush, paint a Plantation Pine border around the top of the Honey Brown lid. Use a cardboard round cut out to make it easy to paint a nice outer circle.
- Use the #0 liner brush to paint plaid on the outside of the box: paint lines using Plantation Pine, then Honey Brown, followed by Sand, and finishing up with Dark Chocolate.
- Trace and transfer the bear silhouette or use a bear cookie cutter to create the pattern. Use a #6 flat brush and Lamp Black to paint the bear.
- When everything is dry, give the entire box, inside and out, and the lid two coats of DuraClear Matte Varnish. Cut a thin strip of gingham fabric and fray the edges. Tie into a bow, trim the ends, fray, and glue onto the lid of the box.