Shade a pendant light in a metallic seascape with Dazzling Metallics®.
- painter's tape
- stencil brush
- Silhouette electronic cutting machine
- copy paper
- needle nose pliers
- pendant light kit
The stencil will fit a 7"-10" tall lampshade. To fit the stencil, center the stencil and cut off the extra to make one end of the stencil edges flush with the lampshade edge.
- Mark every fourth link in the lamp chain with painter's tape.
- Use two needle nose pliers, one in each hand, to twist open each tape-marked link. Put the pendant lamp wire through the link and twist shut. Continue until the entire pendant lamp wire has been threaded through the links.
- Cut the provided stencil onto vinyl using a Silhouette machine.
- Line the seascape stencil up on the lampshade. Align one end of the stencil flush to the lampshade edge. (Position the stencil edge this way each time you move the stencil to a new position.) Gently press down using one hand on the inside of the lampshade and one on the outside to attach.
- Stencil with an almost dry brush. Load Venetian Gold onto the tip of the stencil brush; tap off all of the excess onto a paper towel; and then gently swirl the stencil brush on the stencil cut-outs. Do not press hard.
- Continue moving the stencil around the lampshade. When you get to the end, fold a piece of paper in half and tape over the first stenciled area to protect it from paint.
- Place the stencil onto the lampshade, and tape over any part of the stencil pattern that should not be painted.