Post a color-filled holiday message on this frame-turned-memo board, decked out in Glass Chalkboard Paint and Americana® Crystal Gloss Enamels.
- water container
- paper towels
- painter's tape
- liner brush
- #2 soft bristle brush
- art or cosmetic sponge
- 6" x 8" floating frame
- Remove back of frame.
- Print off pattern for ornaments. With painter’s tape, secure pattern, ornaments facing out, to inside of glass on floating frame.
- Using liner brush, trace lines and ornaments with Black. Let dry. When paint is completely dry, apply second, thick coat of Black with liner brush.
- Apply Green to top and bottom sections of first round ornament using bristle brush. Paint middle section Red. (See photo and pattern for placement.)
- Trace “Noel” and holly on second ornament with liner brush. When paint is completely dry, paint ornament Yellow using bristle brush.
- Mix 2/3 White with 1/3 Blue to make light blue. Using bristle brush, fill in third ornament with mix. When paint is completely dry, using liner brush, trace snowflake with Blue.
- On fourth ornament, use bristle brush to paint thick layer of Red on every other section. Using same brush, paint thin coat of Green on remaining sections.
- Trace star design with Black, using liner brush on last ornament. When paint is completely dry, fill in star design using liner brush and Yellow. Fill in rest of ornament with Purple using bristle brush.
- When Noel ornament is dry, trace over “Noel” and holly with second coat using Black and liner brush. Color in holly leaves with liner brush and Green. Paint holly berries with liner brush (or toothpick) in center with Red.
- When paint is completely dry on snowflake ornament, trace over snowflake once again using liner brush and Blue. When paint is dry, use liner brush (or toothpick) to make dot in center of snowflake and at chosen points throughout snowflake.
- Touch up borders or lines with Black and liner brush, if needed. Let dry completely.
- Take glass out of frame. Place painter's tape below ornaments. Using sponge and Glass Chalkboard Paint, sponge remaining area. When paint is completely dry, sponge on another layer of Glass Chalkboard Paint.