Make your own lanterns this year with these fall decorations using Dazzling Metallics.
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- tracing paper
- transfer paper
- 3/4" flat brush
- disposable gloves
- #1 round brush
- battery-operated tealight
- drill and small drill bit
- dremel tool
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Lightly sand the gourds and wipe them clean with a damp paper towel.
- Use a pen, pencil, or stylus and the tracing and transfer papers to transfer the numbers pattern to one gourd and the spider with web to the other.
- Put the appropriate-sized drill bit on the electric drill. Carefully hold a drill where it is comfortable and try to keep the gourd very still while you drill holes following the patterns.
- Wipe the gourds clean again.
- Use a 3/4" flat brush and Black Pearl to paint one gourd and the other gourd's stem. Rinse brush. Use the same brush to paint the other gourd with Purple Pearl. Rinse brush. Let completely dry.
- Use a #1 round brush and Black Pearl to paint the spider and spider web on the Purple Pearl gourd. Rinse brush. Use the same brush and White Pearl to free-hand a very loose chevron around the entire Black Pearl gourd. Rinse brush. Use the same brush and Bronze to fill in the numbers. Rinse brush.
- Use the electric dremel tool with a special cutting dremel bit to cut the bottoms off the gourds. Remove the bottoms.
- Use disposable gloves or your hand to clean out the insides and remove and discard all seeds from the gourds.
- Place battery-powered tea lights inside the gourds.
Spider And Web Pattern