This wintery couple will brighten up a snowy day in the colors of Americana® Gloss Enamels™.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- transfer paper
- rubbing alcohol
- #10 flat brush
- #1 liner brush
- #8 flat shader brush
- 1/2" scruffy brush
- ceramic plate
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Thoroughly wash the plates. Clean the plates again with rubbing alcohol and a paper towel.
- If needed, transfer the pattern provided onto the plate with the transfer paper and a pencil.
- Using the 1/2" scruffy brush, pounce a circle shape in the center of both plates with True Blue, filling in with paint. Let dry. Pounce over the True Blue with White, leaving a small rib of True Blue edge showing.
- For the snowman, use a #10 flat brush and Festive Green to paint in the scarf. With the same color, use the 1/2" scruffy brush to pounce in the earmuffs. Repeat the same steps for the snowwoman, using Royal Fuchsia. Apply a second coat, if needed.
- For the snowman, use #a 8 flat brush and Hauser Dark Green to paint short vertical stripes on the Festive Green scarf. With a liner brush, make thin horizontal and vertical lines on the scarf using True Red. Repeat steps for the snowwoman using White for wide stripes and Baby Pink for thin lines. Paint the earmuff band with Hauser Dark Green on the snowman with a liner brush and a Baby Pink band for the snowwoman.
- For both plates, use the 1/2" scruffy brush to pounce cheeks on the faces with Baby Pink. Using the handle end of a brush and Black, make the eyes. Use a smaller brush handle end to dot on coal mouths with Black. Paint a carrot-shaped nose with Bright Orange on the faces with a liner brush.
- With a liner brush and Black, outline the noses and add short eyebrows. With White and the handle end of the liner brush, add sparkle in eyes. For the snowman, use a #8 flat brush and Hauser Dark Green to paint a shade line on the bottom of the scarf. Highlight the top of the scarf with White. Repeat the previous steps for the snowwoman plate with Royal Fuchsia and White. Add White detail lines to the earmuffs on both.
- Touch up the snowman's earmuff with Festive Green and quickly sprinkle with Crystal Glamour Dust Sprinkle-On Glitter. Repeat for the snowwoman's earmuffs with Royal Fuchsia and the Crystal Glitter. Paint a tiara with a liner brush and Royal Fuchsia on the snowwoman and add Crystal Glitter immediately.