Welcome Spring and the Easter season with these potted tulips colored with Patio Paint Outdoor™.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- tracing paper
- transfer paper
- 3/4" flat brush
- #0 liner brush
- Fun Foam sheet
- sponge pouncer
- dried Spanish moss
- terra cotta rose pot
- pencil sharpener
- wooden dowel rod
- chenille stem
- Versa Tool
- Styrofoam egg
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Use a pencil to mark a zig-zag pattern on small pink, yellow, and aqua eggs.
- Use a Versa-Tool fitted with a knife blade to cut the eggs in half along the zig-zag pattern. (Reserve the other egg halves for another project.)
- Use the tracing and transfer papers and a pencil to trace and transfer the leaf pattern onto green Fun Foam. Cut out the patterns with scissors.
- Use a 3/4" flat brush and Blue Bahama to paint the pot and Larkspur Blue to paint the rim.
- Use a sponge pouncer and Larkspur Blue to stamp dots on the pot base.
- Paint the wooden dowels Mistletoe Green.
- Cut each chenille stem into three pieces. Use a pencil or brush handle to curl one end of each.
- Assembly: Poke a hole in the base of each "tulip". Insert the dowel in the bottom. Insert three chenille stem pieces into the hole from the outside in. Secure all with glue.
- Position and press floral foam into the pot. Position and push the dowels into the foam.
- Position and adhere green foam leaves onto the dowel stems.
- Press the Spanish moss into the pot around the stems.