Personalized Candy Favor Jars
Posted by DecoArt on Apr 19th 2015
Send guests home with these simple, sweet souvenirs of a casual wedding.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- rubbing alcohol
- painter's tape
- #6 flat brush
- #1 liner brush
- glass jars with lids
- cosmetic sponges
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Use paper towels and rubbing alcohol to clean the jars. Let dry completely.
- Pick a label you like from the Lotsa Labels Reusable Stick-On Stencil. Place the label centered on the jar and smooth well.
- Use the Quatrefoil Reusable Stick-On Stencil to wrap over the label and all around the jar.
- Load a cosmetic sponge with Peach Silk and pounce over the entire jar. Immediately remove the Quatrefoil stencil only.
- Remove the label mask.
- Pick the couple's initials from the Knock Out Alpha Reusable Stick-On Stencils and place them along with the ampersand in the blank area where the label mask was. Rip and place painter's tape to protect the rest of the glass.
- Load a clean cosmetic sponge with Yellow Gold to pounce over the initials and ampersand. Immediately remove the stencil and tape.
- Use the handle end of a #1 liner brush dipped in Deep Turquoise to make a dot border in the label shape, reloading the handle each dot. Wipe off the handle end.
- On the next jar, replace the label mask from the Lotsa Labels Reusable Stick-On Stencil and center it on the jar. Rip painter's tape to make vertical stripes around the jar.
- Load a clean cosmetic sponge with Yellow Gold. Lightly pounce over all the stripes. Remove the tape and label mask immediately.
- Place the initials and ampersand stencil wrapped in tape and place it where the label mask was. Load a clean cosmetic sponge with Peach Silk to pounce over the intials and ampersand. Remove the stencil and tape.
- Use a #1 liner brush and Peach Silk to outline the label mask opening. Rinse brush.
- On the third jar, place the label mask.
- Place the Dots Reusable Stick-On Stencil around the entire jar.
- Load a clean cosmetic sponge with Yellow Gold. Lightly pounce over the entire jar. Remove all the stencils and masks.
- Load a #6 flat brush with Deep Turquoise and fill in the label mask opening. Rinse brush. Let dry completely.
- Reattach the initials and tape into the Deep Turquoise label shape.
- Load a clean cosmetic sponge with Peach Silk and pounce over all the stencils. Immediately remove the stencil and tape. Wash the stencils.
- Load a #1 liner brush with Peach Silk to outline around the label border. Rinse brush.
- Once cured, the jars are ready to be filled with candy or candles that will really make the jars pop.