Organize a student for the new school year with this personalized pencil box.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- tracing paper
- transfer paper
- #10 flat brush
- #1 liner brush
- wooden pencil box
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Remove the lid of the pencil box to basecoat separately.
- Use a #10 flat brush and Irish Moss to paint the insides of the pencil box and inner lid. Rinse brush. Use the same brush and Snow White to paint the entire outside of the pencil box and the entire lid. Rinse brush. Let dry completely.
- Use a pencil and ruler to make the paper lines around all sides of the pencil box. Use a pencil with the tracing and transfer papers to transfer the pencil pattern onto the lid.
- Use the #1 liner brush to mix (1) part Snow White with (1) part Sapphire. Use the mix to paint on the paper lines on all sides of the pencil box. Rinse brush. Let dry completely.
- Use the same brush to mix (1) part Snow White with (1) part Country Red. Use the mix to add the last paper line going across the top and two sides. Rinse brush. (Save the mix for future step.)
- Use a #1 liner brush to mix (2) parts Snow White with (1) part Primary Yellow. Use the mix to fill in the sharpened end of the pencil. Rinse brush.
- Use the #10 flat brush and Irish Moss to fill in the body of the pencil. Rinse brush.
- Use a #1 liner brush and the mix from step 5 to paint the very top of the eraser. Using the same brush, add (2) more part Snow White to the mix; use the new mix to paint the bottom of the eraser and to highlight the top a little. Rinse brush.
- Use a #1 liner brush and Shimmering Silver to paint the metal part on the pencil. Rinse brush.
- Use a pencil and the tracing and transfer papers to trace and transfer a name of your choice in a font of your choice to personalize the pencil box.
- Use a ruler and pencil to add the pencil detail lines.
- Use a pencil to draw your own swirl or doodle or just transfer a scribble pattern to two or three sides.
- Use a #1 liner brush and Lamp Black to outline the pencil, fill in the lead, and paint on a scribble/doodle. Rinse brush.
- Use a #1 liner brush and Country Red to paint on the name. Rinse brush.