Transform an ordinary chemistry set into Halloween potions with Americana® Gloss Enamels™.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- rubbing alcohol
- cosmetic sponge
- chemistry set
- fake spider web
- glass flasks
Americana Gloss Enamels brushes are ideal for this project as they allow the paint to glide on the surface much easier than other brushes.
- Wipe flasks with a paper towel and rubbing alcohol.
- Mix (3) parts White Frost Gloss with (7) parts Vivid Violet. Using the same mix ratio, mix White Frost Gloss with Lavender and with Calypso Blue.
- Use a small brush to loosely paint "potion" in Vivid Violet.
- Using the White Frost/Vivid Violet mix from Step 2 and a cosmetic sponge, blend Vivid Violet down to the bottom of the surface, adding slightly more White Frost to the sponge as you go. (You might want to cut the sponge into a smaller piece so it's easier to use.)
- Solidify the edges of the painted surface with Vivid Violet and blend into the rest of the piece, repeating the same method listed above. (This may require several coats to reach the desired opacity.)
- Repeat all steps on the other glass surfaces with Lavender and Calypso Blue. Add small groups of bubbles in each corresponding color, floating in the solid painted surface and above the crawling paint in various spots all the way around.
- Use a liner brush to highlight each bubble in White. Fill each flask with a faux spider webbing, pulling it up and out of the rim to create a "smoking" effect.