Creating culinary delights has never been so easy with this handy recipe holder and stand made with Americana® Multi-Surface Acrylics.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- painter's tape
- art or cosmetic sponge
- craft sticks
- wet wipes
- wooden mini crate
- plastic cups
- foil pan
- frame or canvas stand
- wooden Mason jar
- Lightly sand the surface of the wooden Mason jar; wipe away the sawdust, and tape the "lid" of the jar. Paint the jar portion with Cotton Ball and allow to dry.
- Place the wooden Mason jar in the foil pan. In small plastic cups, separately pour Night Sky, Chartreuse, Cotton Ball, and Silver (Metallic). Add an equal amount of Pouring Medium into each cup and stir.
- Pour the four paint/Pouring Medium mixes into a larger cup. Do not stir. Pour the contents of the larger cup onto the wooden Mason jar.
- Allow the paint to pour off the sides of the surface. (The jar can be tipped from side to side to help remove excess paint.) Set the Mason jar flat on top of three to four small cups. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Paint the clothespin and frame stand in Deep Turquoise. Allow to dry. Hot glue the wooden Mason jar behind the stand and the clothespin to the top,center of the jar. (See photo for placement.)
- Lightly sand the wooden mini crate and wipe away sawdust. Paint the inside of the crate with Deep Turquoise. Paint the outer sides with handles in Chartreuse. Allow to dry and re-apply.
- Tape the edges of the Classic Quatrefoil stencil to the crate. Using a pouncer or cosmetic sponge, dab Night Sky onto the side of the crate. Use Chartreuse and Deep Turquoise to accent and give a marbled effect.
- Paint the remaining exposed wood in Night Sky.
- Store recipes in the crate and use the Mason jar to hold them while cooking and baking.