Follow Santa's upcoming trip around the world on a upcycled globe.
- water container
- transfer paper
- liner brush
- 3/4" flat brush
- #8 round brush
- #8 flat brush
- black permanent marker
- cosmetic sponge
- scrapbook paper
- Transfer Santa's face to the globe using the transfer paper and a pencil. Once transferred, use a black permanent marker to outline (so you can see the design better).
- Use a 3/4" flat brush to paint over Santa's face in Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide.
- Use a #8 round brush to paint the eyes and eyebrows in Titanium White. Use a #8 round brush to shade or detail the eyebrows in Dark Grey Value 3.
- Use a #8 round brush to paint the eyes in Cerulean Blue. Mix (2) parts Translucent White, (1) part Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide, and (1) part Matte Medium. Use this mix to paint Santa's nose. Add (1) part Primary Magenta to the earlier mix; use new mix to paint Santa's cheeks with a #8 round brush, dabbing with a cosmetic sponge to blend. Use a liner brush to add nose and cheek details in Burnt Umber.
- Use a #8 round brush to paint the eyelids in Titan Buff. Use a liner brush to add details to eyes in Burnt Umber and highlights in Titanium White. Use a #8 round brush to paint the lips and tongue in Pyrrole Red and, while the paint is still wet, add shading in Burnt Umber. Using a liner brush add highlights in Titanium White.
- Tear strips of scrapbook paper for the fur on Santa's hat. Use a 3/4" flat brush and Matte Medium to adhere scrapbook paper all the way around. Use a 3/4" flat brush to paint the hat Pyrrole Red. Use a #8 round brush to outline the hat in Burnt Umber. Use a 3/4" flat brush to paint Santa's hair in Translucent White.
- Print and cut out a bell. Adhere to the hat using a 3/4" flat brush with Matte Medium. Use a liner brush to outline and add detail to Santa's eyebrows and mustache in Burnt Umber. Use a liner brush double-loaded in Titanium White and Burnt Umber to add the curls to Santa's hair.
- Use a 3/4" flat brush to paint over Santa's face in Translucent White. (This will soften the lines and contrasts.)
- Use a #8 flat brush to paint alternate stripes on the base and side ring in Titanium White and Pyrrole Red. (The stripes are the width of the brush.)