Create eye-catching rock painting designs in neutral colors with Americana® Multi-Surface Acrylics.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- liner brush
- small round brush
- small flat brush
- large round rock
- rectangle-shaped rock
- small round rock
- items to make dots
Wash and dry all rocks completely before starting to paint on them.
- DOT ROCK: Paint a large round rock with Black Tie. Let dry.
- Dip various tools into paint and then press onto the rock surface to make dots. The center circle is Buff Beige. The next circle of dots is Cotton Ball. The next circle of dots is Vanilla Shake. The outside circle of dots is a variation of all colors: Cotton Ball, Vanilla Shake, and Buff Beige. Let dry.
- FLOWER ROCK: Paint a small round rock with Vanilla Shake. Let dry.
- Use a pencil to draw six flower petal shapes.
- Use a round brush and Dolphin to paint the petal outlines and Cotton Ball to paint the insides of the petals. Let dry.
- Use a brush handle end to dot the Dolphin flower outline with Black Tie. Let dry.
- Use a round brush to paint the flower center with Coffee Bean. Let dry.
- Use a liner brush and Vanilla Shake to paint the swirl in the center. Let dry.
- Use a liner brush and Black Tie to add leaves between the petals. Let dry.
- IMAGINE ROCK: Paint a rectangular rock with Black Tie using the flat brush. Let dry.
- Use a pencil to write lettering and a border on the rock.
- Use a liner brush to paint the lettering with Cotton Ball. Let dry.
- Use a flat brush to paint the border areas with Vanilla Shake. Let dry.
- Use a pencil to draw swirls on the borders.
- Use a liner brush and Black Tie to paint the swirls. Let dry.