This snowman container will deliver a touch of wintertime whimsey with holiday goodies.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- 1/4" flat brush
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- two small twigs
- black stamp pad
- matching ribbon
- embellishments of choice
- cotton balls
- rubber stamps
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Stamp the desired mushrooms and bird on cardstock. Using a small brush, paint the stem of the mushroom in Cocoa Bean and the cap in Red Barn. Use the handle end of the brush to add dots of Soft Jade onto the mushroom cap. Paint the other mushroom cap in Marigold and Soft Jade. Paint the bird in Red Barn. Let dry.
- After the paint has dried, go over the lines with a black pen or marker to bring out the detail of the stamp. Cut out the images with scissors.
- Free-hand a heart on a piece of folded cardstock.
- Paint the heart in Red Barn. (It doesn't have to be exact, it will be cut out.)
- Use a cardboard tube to make the hat. Cut the tube so it is 2-1/2" long. Cut slits on the top 1/2" of the tube to form the base of the top of the hat. (Refer to photo.)
- Fold the cut section over to create the top of the hat. Adhere tabs together using hot glue.
- Trace the circumference of the tube onto a piece of cardstock and cut out. Adhere onto the top of the cardboard tube and adhere onto the top of the plastic lid.
- Using a 1/4" flat brush, paint the entire hat in Black Tie. Optionally, cut out paper to glue under the hat for a finishing touch.
- Free-hand holly leaves onto a piece of cardstock. Paint with Soft Jade and let dry. Once dry, outline with a pen and cut out.
- Using hot glue, adhere the embellishments onto the hat. Add a piece of ribbon around the base and beads for berries.
- Cut out white cardstock to fit around the can. Draw a line 2" from the top to mark where the ribbon will be adhered. (This will help keep it in a straight line.)
- While the cardstock is laid flat, adhere on gems for the face and ribbon. Separately tie a knot in another piece of ribbon. Let dry. Once dry, use Americana Matte Decou-Page to adhere the cardstock to the can.
- Add some dimension snow by gluing on bits of cotton and then painting over it with Crystal Craft Twinkles.
- Adhere on twig arms or other additional embellishments. Use Matte Decou-Page to adhere the heart onto the snowman's front. Let dry. Once dry, stamp or write a sentiment of choice onto the heart.