Spook the fairies in your neighborhood with a spooky fairy garden!
- #0 liner brush
- #1 pointed round brush
- glass bowl
- potting soil
- air dry clay
- - 1/2" paint brush
- Spooky Tree
- wooden cross
- wooden planter
- Saran Wrap
- Create your gourd 24 hours in advance using two small bowls pushed together, air dry clay and saran wrap. Lay Saran Wrap over bowls. Apply a thin layer of air dry clay over the bowls and shape into a gourd with a stem at the top. If desired apply small windows with clay and form a door into the clay.
- After about 12 hours, remove clay from the bowls. Take the Saran Wrap off of the clay to allow the underneath clay to dry.
- Using a spooky tree, apply two coats of Americana Multi-Surface Black Tie.
- Begin by painting Americana Multi-Surface Cactus on the top of the gourd. Blend from center to bottom Inch Worm. The stem, windows and door are painted in Coffee Bean and Mushroom, with accents in Black Tie. To finish the gourd apply Coffee Bean with a liner brush, making dots in a line from top to bottom.
- Create headstones with air dry clay. Once dry apply Americana Multi-Surface Black Tie. Blend in Cotton Ball to create gray and a worn look on the head stone. When dry, write RIP with Cotton Ball to complete your headstone.
- For hanging pumpkins, create with air dry clay. Form a small pumpkin and create a hole in the stem and allow to dry. Paint with Americana Multi-Surface Pumpkin Patch, Coffee Bean and Black Tie. To hang on tree, thread sting through hole and tie a knot.
- Cutout a triangle with a stem out of cardboard. Use Americana Multi-Surface Pumpkin Patch, Muted Gold, Mushroom and Black Tie to create a candy corn sign for the front of the gourd.
- If using a wooden planter apply Americana Multi-Surface Coffee Bean to bottom half. Paint a 1 inch boarder around the top edge with Muted Gold and a fine line of Pumpkin Patch between the two colors to create a nice fall inspired base.
- Pour your soil into the planter. Place the tree and gourd in the soil and stabilize. The gourd may need a weight to sit inside to keep it stable. Place your tombstones and sign in front. Hang your pumpkins from the tree. Use any preferred embellishments to complete your look.