Decorate a framed chalkboard with an image of Spring.
- water container
- paper towels
- tracing paper
- transfer paper
- painter's tape
- #10 flat brush
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- jute or hemp cord
- #1 round brush
- framed chalkboard
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Use painter's tape and scissors to apply and protect the chalkboard area.
- Use a #10 flat brush and Coastal Waters to paint the frame part only. Rinse brush.
- Use a pen to trace and transfer the bird pattern to the chalkboard area.
- Use a #10 flat brush and Chartreuse to paint around the bird. Rinse brush.
- Use a pencil and ruler to make a line in the middle of each side on the frame. Draw either heart shapes or leaves.
- Use a #1 round brush and Dolphin to paint every third heart/leaf. Rinse brush.
- Repeat painting the hearts/leaves using the #1 round brush and loading separately with Cotton Ball and Steel Grey. Rinse brush. Use the same brush and Dolphin to paint the connecting line all the way around the frame.
- Use scissors to cut ribbon of choice to fit to hang the chalkboard.
- Use glue gun and glue sticks to attach the ribbon to the back of the frame. Press down firmly.
- Use scissors to cut jute or hemp cord the length of choice to hang chalk. (Keep in mind that the jute will also need to wrap around the chalk.)
- Wrap jute around the chalk a few times and tie a knot.
- Attach the other end of the jute to the back of the frame using a glue gun and glue sticks.
- Write a personal message on the chalkboard.