Spring Flowers Mini Accordion Album
Posted by DecoArt on Mar 27th 2016
Set an accordion album abloom with DecoArt® Media Fluid Acrylics.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- #2 round brush
- 1/2" flat brush
- 1/4" flat brush
- #4 round brush
- craft knife
- palette knife
Allow the layers to dry completely before the next step.
- Cut (2) 4-3/4" x 6-3/4" pieces of thick chipboard. Cut a piece of cardstock 6-1/2" x 36". With a ruler and pencil, lightly mark the cardstock every 4-1/2". Accordion fold on the marks for a total of (7) folds.
- Use a palette knife to apply a small amount of White Gesso onto the front and back covers. Apply several drops of Carbon Black onto the covers. Use a 1/2" flat brush or fingers to spread and blend. Allow the bottom of the covers to be darker and get lighter as the top of the surface is reached.
- Paint a 1" border in Dark Grey Value 3 around the inside of each cover.
- Use Matte Medium to adhere the first page to the inside front cover and the last page to the inside back cover. Leave approximately 1/4" around all edges.
- Use a palette knife to mix Cobalt Teal Hue with Texture Sand Paste. Use the palette knife to pick up the mix and add to the cover, using the tip of the knife to swirl the colored paste into a circle. Repeat to create (5) flowers in this color.
- Mix together (2) parts Primary Cyan with (1) part Prussian Blue Hue. Mix this together with Texture Sand Paste. Add flowers using the same technique as in Step 5. Mix together (2) parts Titanium White with (1) part Quinacridone Violet. Mix this mix with Texture Sand Paste. Apply the mix onto the cover to form flowers. Add stems using Yellow Green Light and a #2 round brush.
- Add leaves using Yellow Green Light and a #4 round brush. In the center of each flower, add a circle of Carbon Black. Let dry. Once dry, dip the handle end of the brush into White Gesso to add three dots to each flower.
- Mix together (3) parts Titanium White with (1) part Primary Cyan. Using a 1/4" flat brush, roughly add the mix onto the top third of the cover. Allow some of the previous color to show through.
- To finish add whimsical lines in Carbon Black and Titanium White around the flowers, stems, and leaves using a #2 round brush.