Begin the spring season with this colorful, nature-filled canvas trio created with Americana® Acrylics.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- transfer paper
- painter's tape
- 3/4" flat brush
- #6 flat brush
- #0 liner brush
- cosmetic sponge
- assorted scrapbook paper
- cotton tip swab
- charcoal pencil
- burlap canvas
- decorative edge scissors
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Begin with three recycled or new burlap canvases. Clean with a paper towel to remove any loose debris.
- Use a 3/4" flat brush to paint the large canvas in Serene, the medium-sized in Delicate, and the small canvas in Innocence. Apply a second coat if needed.
- Using painter's tape, tape down the Americana Doily Stencil to the Serene canvas. Using a cosmetic sponge and Snow White, gently pounce on the stencil. Repeat this step on the Delicate and Innocence canvases.
- Using a dark brown patterned scrapbook paper, cut out an oval shape using the provided pattern and decorative edged scissors.
- Cut curved slices of various colors and patterns of scrapbook paper, varying width and length with the scissors. Form a nest with these paper slices, laying them on the oval pattern until you are satisfied with the design. Cut out eggs, using the pattern with three different blue-colored papers. With the 3/4" flat brush and Americana Matte Decou-Page, glue down the cut slices and eggs to the oval shape. Let dry.
- Once dry, go around the edges of the nest and eggs with a charcoal pencil; smudge with a cotton tip swab. Highlight the eggs with Snow White.
- Use Traditional Burnt Umber, a cosmetic sponge, and the Americana Feathered Friends Stencil to pounce a tree branch on the Delicate and Serene canvases. With a #6 flat brush, highlight the branches with Golden Straw.
- Using the small leaf from the Feathered Friends Stencil, pounce Lemonade with a cosmetic sponge on the ends of the tree branches. Pounce a leaf and flower stem from the Patio Paint Home & Garden Re-usable Stick-On Funky Flowers Stencil on the Innocence canvas.
- Using #6 flat brush and watered-down Serene, brush over a bird from the Featured Friends Stencil on top of a light brown script paper. (This allows the wording to show through.) Repeat with flower stencils in Serene, Innocence, and Delicate on the same paper. Cut out the bird and flowers. Use the brown paper pattern to cut a bird wing onto patterned paper. Glue the wing on the bird with Decou-Page. Edge the bird and flowers with a charcoal pencil; smudge with a cotton tip swab.
- Position the bird on the branch on the Delicate canvas, the bird's nest on the branch on the Serene canvas, and the flowers on the Innocence canvas. Use the 3/4" flat brush and Decou-Page to glue on.
- Lightly and thinly outline all cut-out pieces, leaves, and branches with a charcoal penci. Smudge gently with a cotton tip swab.
- Tape each lettering pattern and the transfer paper onto a canvas with painter's tape. (Refer to photo for placement.) Trace with a pencil. Use a #0 liner brush and Traditional Umber to fill in the words.