The welcome mat becomes a welcoming wreath with Americana® Multi-Surface Acrylics.
- flat brush
- burlap ribbon
- hot glue gun
- hand drill
- stencil brush
- wooden letter
- floral wire
- wire cutters
- floral pick
- chipboard shape
- wire frame
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Cut off the separate sections of the stems of the faux boxwood with wire cutters.
- Attach the separate pieces of boxwood with florist wire, spacing them evenly around the 14" square wire frame. Fill in the entire frame until the desired look is achieved.
- Paint the wooden monogram letter with Soft Jade.
- Attach the letter to the wreath by using florist wire wrapped around the top. (If the letter doesn't have a clear top, drill a small hole with a hand drill to attach the wire through.)
- Create a burlap ribbon bow. Pinch the middle together and wrap florist wire around it.
- Hot glue another small scrap of ribbon around the center to cover the wire. Run a small amount of florist wire through the back of the burlap to attach the bow to the wreath. Place the bow at the top of the wreath.
- Paint the front and back of the pennants using White Birch.
- Use the alphabet stencil to create the "Welcome" (or word of choice) letters on each pennant, centered. Paint the letters with Pewter.
- Attach each letter to a string with mini clothespins. Hot glue the backs of the clothespins and string to keep them in place. Attach the "welcome" bunting using more florist wire and the string the pennants are attached to.