DIY a squeegee painting with one swipe and some DecoArt's popular art and craft paints.
- baby wipes
- freezer paper
- 11" x 14" canvas
- Gather materials for your squeegee art project: either an 11" x 14" stretched canvas or canvas paper and a 12" squeegee. You likely will want to cover your work space as well, as the technique physically moves paint off the surface. Freezer paper works well as a covering.
- Next, gather all six Americana Acrylic colors plus a DecoArt Fine Writer Tip.
- Place the writer tip on the Ultramarine Blue bottle. Loosely draw a potted plant. (TIP: Just make up a modern art design. Look a the image here or use your own houseplant for reference.) Don't be too neat on this step in your creative art piece. Go over your lines several times, and be loose with it.
- Pour some dots and a line representing a table onto the surface directly from the Gentle Heather bottle.
- Add some Citron Green to the leaves, directly from the bottle.
- Next, squeeze some Holly Green onto the leaves and add some stripes to the pot as well.
- Fill in the rest of the leaf shapes and stems on the floral art piece with Eucalyptus Leaf paint. Use more Gentle Heather to fill in the pot shape.
- Add lines of Coral Blush across the top of the surface.
- Place your squeegee above the coral paint.
- With light pressure, drag the squeegee down through the paint. Scrape past the bottom edge. Clean the squeegee with a baby wipe. If needed, take another pass with the clean squeegee.
- This abstract art DIY project is super easy and fun to do. It also shows you a way to try the new trendy acrylic paint technique of squeegee art. The result will make a wonderful addition to your wall decor.