Making this neon tie dye canvas would make any kid happy and it is so easy!
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- #12 flat brush
- cosmetic sponge
- stencil of your choice
- 8-1/2" x 11" canvas board
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- You can start with a plain White Canvas board or save a step if you buy a black one.
- Use a #12 Flat brush and Americana Lamp Ebony Black to base coat the entire canvas. (Ignore this step if you have a black canvas)
- Place stencil off center to add interest. Load a cosmetic sponge with Titanium White and use to base coat the stencil design. Let dry completely.
- Load a new cosmetic sponge with Scorching Yellow. Lightly dab on the center in a circular motion.
- Use a new cosmetic sponge to add a ring of Thermal Green and blending into the Scorching Yellow while still wet.
- Use a new cosmetic sponge to add a ring of Electric Blue blending into the Thermal Green while still wet.
- Use a new cosmetic sponge to add a ring of Dioxazine Purple blending into the Electric Blue while still wet.
- Use a new cosmetic sponge to add a ring of Sizzling Pink and Fiery Red blending into the Dioxazine Purple while still wet.
- Use a new cosmetic sponge to add a ring of Torrid Orange blending into the Fiery Red while still wet.
- Finish the last little corner with Scorching Yellow. Remove stencil and wash immediately.
- Let your canvas dry completely.
- Use a stencil of choice or even free hand some peace signs using a brush or cosmetic sponge with Snow (Titanium) White.