Summer Bucket List Wall Décor
Posted by DecoArt on May 27th 2019
Keep your priorities straight with this summer bucket list, made with Americana® Acrylics.
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- wooden tag
- black marker
- pipe cleaners
- wooden shapes
- wooden pallet
- decorative ribbon
Let each layer of paint dry; or use a hairdryer to dry quickly.
- Using a pencil and ruler, measure and draw horizontal lines to create a checkerboard pattern onto the pallet. Make five rows, leaving a large section at the top without a pattern. (See final photo.) The checkerboard pattern will end up being the spot where the shaped tags will go. (See photo below.)
- Using Spa Blue, paint the top area of the pallet that doesn't have the checkerboard pattern. Using a mix of (3) parts Spa Blue and (1) part Turquoise Blue, paint every other square of the checkerboard. Paint the remaining squares in only Turquoise Blue.
- For the large rectangular tag: Paint the entire tag in Marigold. Using Royal Fuchsia, paint half circles around the edge of the tag. Using Turquoise Blue, paint stitch lines around the edge of the Royal Fuchsia half circles. Using Snow White, paint a small dot in between each half circle. (See final photo.)
- Paint the bucket list pieces, using colors of your choice and painting each wooden shape a different solid color. Tip: Use lighter colors to ensure black writing will be visible.
- Using colors of your choice, paint patterns, details, and accents on each wooden piece, leaving the center area of the shape blank for writing. Exercise your creative freedom here, or see the final photo for inspiration. Customize each tag for the theme. (For example, see the final photo: on the waterpark tag, waves were used.)
- Using fancy ribbon of your choice, make a bow and secure in the center of the edge of the large rectangular wooden tag with a pipe cleaner through the existing hole in the tag. (Tip: Do not knot the center.) Cut two additional pieces of ribbon and place in an X shape on top of the bow. Secure with a pipe cleaner and curl the ends using the edge of the scissors. Glue in place with hot glue.
- Using a pencil, write "Summer Bucket List" onto the wooden tag. Trace with a black marker, adding dots to the ends of each letter. Using a thin black marker, write "Bucket List Ideas" into the center of the wooden shapes previously made, once they are dry.
- Using sticky-backed velcro, attach all the pieces to the checkerboard. Use sticky-backed velcro to attach the wooden tag and accent pieces. Tip: By using velcro, you will be able to change and add pieces for different seasons.