Accent a kitchen wall with this sweet plaque made with Americana® Mixed Media Stencils and Americana® Acrylics.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- tracing paper
- transfer paper
- painter's tape
- #3 round brush
- 3/4" flat brush
- #10 flat brush
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- cosmetic sponge
- bisque hanging plaque
- cardstock to match or complement Saffron Yellow
- bumblebee add-on (pre-painted wooden cutout)
Allow to dry between painting steps.
- Use 3/4” flat brush to basecoat entire plaque Baby Blue. Let dry completely.
- Use a pencil to trace three or four honeycombs and small and longer border shapes around the Busy Bee Stencil onto cardstock. Cut out, saving honeycomb cut-outs for a future step.
- Place the honeycomb stencil in the center of the plaque. Use painter’s tape to tape off border around the entire edge.
- Dip the flat side of a cosmetic sponge into Buttermilk and wipe off the excess paint onto the palette or plastic plate before placing on surface. Lightly dab the sponge all over the plaque until the desired look is achieved. Let dry completely.
- Use a #10 flat brush with Americana Matte Decou-Page to attach the honeycomb cut-outs and borders: randomly attach honeycombs over the already-painted ones and add the small border to the top edge of the plaque and the longer border to the bottom edge. Let dry completely.
- Use a pencil to trace and transfer the “local honey” pattern onto the plaque.
- Use a #3 round brush to fill in the lettering pattern with Snow White. Rinse brush.
- Use a #3 round brush with Saffron Yellow to outline the lettering.
- Use a glue gun to attach the bumblebee cut-out to the plaque.