Keep it together stylishly in a lidded, decoupaged box, courtesy of Americana DecouPage Glue.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- #6 flat brush
- #12 flat brush
- medium-grit sandpaper
- orange jewels
- scrapbook paper in floral, blue polka dots, and orange daisies (We used Recollections Mosaic Memorie
- wooden box with hinged lid
Use #12 flat brush for all steps unless otherwise noted. Allow to dry between painting steps.
- Sand rough edges of wooden box with medium-grit sandpaper. Apply Multi-Purpose Sealer to entire box, following grain of wood. Allow to dry.
- Using scissors cut out 6.75" x 7.25" rectangle of floral scrapbook paper (for top of lid); 6.5" x 6.75" rectangle of orange daisy paper (for inner lid); and 6.5" x 6.75" rectangle of blue polka-dotted paper (for bottom, inner lining).
- Using scissors cut out one flower/leaf design from scrapbook paper and set aside.
- Basecoat entire lid Bright Orange excluding top panel of lid. Apply second coat when dry.
- Basecoat entire base of box Desert Turquoise (excluding square inner panel). Apply second coat when dry.
- Apply thin layer of Americana DecouPage Glue to inside of lid. Carefully place orange floral paper rectangle in place and smooth out any wrinkles, beginning in center and working your way out.
- Repeat step 3 for inside lower lining of box, using polka-dotted paper rectangle.
- Using #6 flat brush, lightly coat backside flower cutout with DecouPage. Place in corner of polka-dotted paper and lightly paint over flower with DecouPage.
- Once dry, paint one coat of DecouPage over top of each scrapbook paper rectangle to seal, using #6 flat brush.
- Apply thin layer of DecouPage to top of lid. Carefully place floral scrap-booking paper rectangle on top of lid and smooth out, starting in center. Apply one final coat of DecouPage to floral lid design to seal.
- Dry-brush Bright Orange outer side panels of lid with Cadmium Yellow.
- Apply one coat of DuraClear Matte Varnish to all painted surfaces. (Exclude decoupaged paper surfaces.)
- Accent desired floral blooms on top of box with Glamour Dust Ice Crystal.
- When completely dry, accent center of flowers with orange stick-on jewels. With box left open, allow it to dry completely for 24 hours before using clasp to prevent paint sticking together.