Upcycle a plain blanket into a fan favorite for those chilly days on the playing field.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- #0 liner brush
- 1/4" stencil brush
- Silhouette electronic cutting machine
- Con-Tact® paper
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Cut out the desired templates from the Silhouette machine using Con-Tact paper or self-stick plastic.
- Peel off the adhesive backing and place the stencil in the desired corner of the blanket.
- Using a stencil brush, lightly dab on Silver (Metallic) and Lipstick onto the stencil. For the first coat, add a small amount of Cotton Ball to add opacity to the colors; this will take several coats. Allow paint to dry completely between coats; otherwise the paint will continue to soak into the surface and not become opaque.
- Peel off the adhesive stenciling. Outline the football in Lipstick and shadows of the lettering in Silver (Metallic). Use the handle end of the brush to create Silver (Metallic) dots along the football and inside the lettering.
- Peel off the adhesive backing from the Con-Tact paper and place in the desired corner of the blanket.
- Alternate Silver (Metallic) and Lipstick on the lettering. Repeat the same process as with the previous stencil.
- Once dried, add dots of Lipstick onto the Silver (Metallic) lettering, and Silver (Metallic) striping onto the Lipstick lettering. (This is easiest to do before the stencil is taken off.)
- Remove the stencils and enjoy!
DOWNLOADSFootball Cut File
"team Mom" Cut File