Celebrate your team's win with a banner in your favorite team colors using Americana® Acrylics.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- 1" foam brush
- assorted ribbon
- Silhouette electronic cutting machine
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- If using two different pennant shapes, lay out the pieces in a desired pattern.
- Paint the pennants in Navy Blue, Slate Grey, and Snow White. (There are three banners of each color painted, leaving three banners in the natural chipboard color.) Cut out each letter on a Silhouette Machine and lay out as desired. Let dry.
- Once the paint is dry, dab a brush with a small amount of paint around the edges of the pennants. (This will give them a border.) Use contrasting colors so the color shows up clearly.
- Adhere each letter onto a pennant using Americana Matte Decou-Page. If desired, paint each letter to match the chipboard.
- Cut ribbon into 8" strips. Take a set of four ribbons at the same time and go through the backs of each banner piece you are connecting. Tie a knot.
- Once the first knot is tied, take each corresponding ribbon (from each side of the knot) and make four more knots. (This will give it some volume and stability to the bow and will look much nicer than one huge knot.)
- Continue connecting each banner piece to the previous piece. Do the same knot on each end as well.
- Add a loop to each end for hanging. Use the same ribbon used in the knots.