Three Ring Circus Christmas Ornaments
Posted by DecoArt on Dec 1st 2014
Create these cute three ring christmas ornaments for your christmas tree
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- liner brush
- #10 flat brush
- #8 round brush
- craft glue
- adhesive tape runner
- jute twine
- assorted scrapbook paper
- 4" x 4" canvas panel
- Using #10 flat brush paint all three canvases with Black Tie.
- Cut out black and white scrapbook paper (slightly smaller than canvas) and decoupage on canvas using #10 flat brush.
- Using #8 round brush paint stripes at bottom of each – one in School bus, one in Lavender Fields and one in Sky Blue. Make the lighter shade by mixing the colors with 50% Cotton ball.
- Cut out triangle shapes out of scrapbook paper and decou-page to top of canvas. (refer to photo for placement and colors)
- Trace tent pattern onto white card stock. Paint stripes in Lipstick and Cotton Ball and cut out. Trace and cut tent sides out of green scrap book paper and decou-page in place with #10 flat brush
- Place triangles on the canvases and decou-page in place.
- Place the tent pieces on the yellow canvas and decou-page in place.
- Trace and cut out the circus stands and using #8 round brush paint them in Turf Green, Lipstick. Paint the middle parts, one in each corresponding color School Bus, Lavender Fields and Sky Blue. Adhere in place with tape runner.
- Trace animal patterns onto white cardstock with a pencil.
- LION - Using # 8 brush paint the lion in School Bus and Pumpkin Patch. Using liner brush add accents/details . . . black eyes and nose, cheeks in Flamingo mixed with Pink Cadillac, ears, nose bridge, paws and tail in Pumpkin Patch. The crown is Cotton ball, Lipstick, Chartruese and Turf Green (refer to photo)
- ELEPHANT - Using # 8 brush paint the Elephant in Sky Blue. Using liner brush add accents/details . . . black eyes , cheeks in Flamingo mixed with Pink Cadillac, ear in lavender fields, accents in Cotton ball , Sky blue, Lipstick, Pink Cadilac and Chartreuse and Turf Green (refer to photo)
- SEAL - Using # 8 brush paint the seal in lavender fields. Using liner brush add accents/details . . . black eyes , cheeks in Pink Cadillac, fin in light lavender fields (add a touch of cotton ball), hat and ball in Cotton ball, Sky blue, Lipstick and Chartreuse and Turf Green (refer to photo)
- Cut animals out and decou-page in place
- Seal entire surface of canvas with decou-page using #10 flat brush
- Cut twine approx 9 inches. Coil wire around a pencil and place twine through. Adhere to back of canvas with craft glue.
DOWNLOADSCircus Tent Pattern
Circus Animals Pattern