Paint your own terra cotta pot with the uplifting phrase "Together We Can".
- palette or plastic plate
- masking tape
- small round brush
- terra cotta pot
- pen or pencil
- medium flat brush
- carbon paper or transfer paper
- plastic tablecloth
- water basin
You will find that certain colors may take more than one coat to obtain an opaque coverage. Simply allow to dry and apply additional coats as needed.
Before moving to the next color, rinse your brush in water basin and blot lightly on paper towel.
- If desired, cover your work area with a plastic tablecloth. Gather your terra-cotta pot, the 9 paint colors and the rest of the listed supplies.
- Enlarge or reduce the pattern as needed to best fit your terra-cotta pot and print. Position pattern onto the pot, slip transfer paper beneath pattern and secure with masking tape. Use a pen or pencil to trace the design.
- Use a small round brush to paint the quote "together we can" in Cotton Ball.
- Use a small round brush to paint the first three hands, starting from left to right in Turf Green, Flamingo and Eggplant.
- Use a small round brush to paint the remaining hands in Pumpkin Patch, Sky Blue, Lipstick and True Blue.
- To create corresponding pastel colors, mix 3 parts Cotton Ball to 1 part of each of the main colors. Use a small round brush and the corresponding pastel color to add a highlight to the left side of the hand and to add a heart to the middle of the hand of the original colors.
- Use a small round brush to free-hand little hearts throughout in Lipstick, Eggplant, Canary, True Blue and Turquoise Waters (If you prefer to use a pattern, use the provided "hearts" pattern).
- Continue adding little hearts to the back of the pot. Following the instructions on the bottle, use a medium flat brush to apply two coats of DuraClear Matte Varnish.
- Scroll to the top of the page and click "Make It Now!" to purchase the Vibrant Colors Acrylic Paint Set used to create these terracotta pots!
Quote And Hearts