Tweet Bird Box
Posted by DecoArt on Apr 14th 2014
Here's a tweeting good project for kids made with Americana DecouPage that builds a place to nest their cell phone or other treasures.
- transfer paper
- 1" flat brush
- black permanent marker
- 1" sponge brush
- 3.5" x 7" woodcraft box
- sheer turquoise ribbon
- 8.5" x 11" yellow cardstock
- 12" x 12" turquoise paper (We used Bazill Basics Paper Navajo.)
- 12" x 12" mushroom print/orange polka dot paper (We used Imaginisce Twitterpated Mushroom Fancy with
Preparation: Remove box hardware with small Phillips-head screwdriver.
- Paint lid Desert Turquoise with 1" flat brush. Let dry
- Cut mushroom paper to fit bottom half of box. Brush DecouPage on mushroom side and place on box with orange polka dot side facing out. Using dots as guide, cut 3/4" wide strip about 7" in length and set aside.
- Transfer pattern onto paper: mushroom stem, bird2 and "tweet" on yellow paper; bird1 on Navajo paper; and mushroom top and beak on orange polka dot side of mushroom paper. Cut out each shape.
- Place 3/4" wide strip on mushroom paper on bottom half of lid. Brush DecouPage on back of mushroom stem and slide under strip. Brush DecouPage onto back of strip and place back on box.
- Decoupage back of mushroom top, then place on top of mushroom stem. Decoupage back of bird2 and place on top of mushroom. Decoupage back of bird1 and place on top of bird2. Decoupage back of beak and slide under bird1. Decoupage back of each letter and place on box lid. For dot on exclamation point, hole punch or cut circle from orange polka dot pattern.
- Using Desert Turquoise and 1" flat brush, paint holes in both letter E's. Add embellishments to each letter using Pink 3D Gloss Enamels. Carefully squeeze small dot on bird for cheek. Use black marker to dot on eye.
- Use 1" flat brush to brush Gold Glitz on mushroom stem and let dry. Squeeze small dots of Gold Glitz onto front of lid.
- Brush on strip of DecouPage around middle of bottom half of box, then press ribbon on
- Coat all areas with DecouPage and let dry.