Unique Mixed Media Wedding Table Décor
Posted by DecoArt on Feb 23rd 2016
Set the table for a wedding or anniversary with a centerpiece that's as individual as the bride and groom.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- #3 round brush
- 1/2" flat brush
- needle and thread
- palette knife
- embellishments of choice
- floral wire
- E6000 Glue
- wood shape
- decorative phone
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Prime the decorative phone with White Gesso to cover the entire piece. (The back comes off, so make sure to cover both sides with Gesso.) Leave some areas unpainted and sand back some areas when the Gesso is dry. Add Crackle Paint to random areas and set aside to dry.
- Paint all embellishments except the clouds, key, and the Eiffel tower with Silver (Metallic). (Keep the layers of paint thin so that you don't lose details on the chipboard.) Use sandpaper to scuff some areas and White Gesso to make some of the Silver (Metallic) areas matte. Cover the clouds with a layer of White Gesso. On one cloud, add clear glitter and another with a little Champagne. Add Aqua to the top edges of the clouds.
- Use a finger to apply White Gesso and wipe onto some of the Silver (Metallic) painted surfaces. Let dry. When dry, use sandpaper to scuff up some of the surface as well.
- When the backing is dry, mix equal amounts of Blue (Interference) and Cerulean Blue. (It will make the paint clear like a glaze.) Paint one side of the backing with the mix. (Keep the other side White Gesso.)
- Use a needle and thread to attach a strip of tulle (weaving in and out of fabric) to make a skirt on the dress form. Use scraps of chipboard or wood and E6000 Glue to sandwich the base of the dress form into place. (Make sure to have one of the pieces glued to the front of the inside as well as the floor of the phone.) Allow to dry completely.
- Repeat the previous step with the hanging hearts on the ceiling using floral wire painted Silver (Metallic).
- Arrange and attach the embellishment pieces to the background.
- Add glitter lines for details. Replace the backing onto the phone and secure with tabs.
- Add decorative trim of your choice around the outside edges of the opening.
- Arrange the embellishments on the back. (Shown: Chipboard "25", painted and outlined with glitter, to signify the table or anniversary number.) Add flowers, ribbon pearls, or other embellishments to enhance the project.
- Glue on the small plaque and flowers on the front with E6000 Glue.