Customize old ceramic plates to create a special & personal Mother's Day Gift. DecoArt® Glass Paints™ and Opaque Glass Paint Markers are specially formulated to use on glass or ceramics and make creating this special project easy.
- paper towels
- rubbing alcohol
- painter's tape
- medium flat brush
These plates can be hung up on the wall as wall décor or placed on plate holder or stand. For decorative use only.
- This is a creative way to showcase Grandma's china or to upcycle thrift store plates. Gather the supplies and wipe the plates clean with your choice of rubbing alcohol or window cleaner.
- Select the area you'd like to paint on all plates and mask off using painter's tape. Design tip: Vary the area to be painted so each plate looks a little bit different. Use a medium flat brush to apply the paint.
- Immediately remove the tape. Once dry, repeat this process for opaque coverage.
- Use the Black Paint Marker to write a name. (I was inspired by the font Shoreline, with its flourish line at the beginning and ending of each name.)
- Use the matching color Paint Markers to write the birthdate below the person's name.
- Make the plate even more special by adding a note to the back.