Create a unique holiday ornament full of color and design with Americana® Multi-Surface Acrylics
- paper towels
- rubbing alcohol
- painter's tape
- #4 round brush
- cosmetic sponge
- plastic cup or container
- assorted ribbon
- 1/4" pouncer
- clear glass ornament
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Clean the ornament with rubbing alcohol: Take the hook out and swish some rubbing alcohol on the inside of the ornament. Dampen a paper towel and clean the outside. Wait for the rubbing alcohol on the inside to dry completely before beginning.
- Squeeze a generous amount of Apple Green into the inside of the ornament. Slowly turn ornament so it is completely covered, adding more paint inside when needed.
- Paint a first layer of Lipstick around the bottom half of the ornament. (Be sure not to go in a completely level line; use tape to mask off the layer, if needed.) You could also dip the ornament to create this effect more easily. Let dry. Once the paint has dried, repeat with Cotton Ball. Repeat the striping as many times as desired to achieve the desired effect.
- Use a pouncer to create polka dots in Turf Green. Add a dot of Black Tie to the center of each dot using the handle end of a brush. Repeat the same striping process on the top half of the ornament.
- Using the handle end of the brush, apply dots in Black Tie to the edges of the stripes.
- Create a bow using ribbon of choice and attach to the ornament.